Jazz fusion is a fantastic and quite complex genre of music which harmoniously and very accurately blends rock with jazz. This crossover genre of music if you will has captivated many listeners since its inception back in the late 1960s with, most notably, Miles Davis Second Great Quintet to the present day, leaving behind an absolutely amazing musical legacy worth discovering. Other important pioneers of jazz fusions include legendary keyboardist Josef ‘Joe’ Zawinul and his band Weather Report, Chick Corea & Return to Forever, John McLaughlin and Mahavishnu Orchestra, Herbie Hancock and The Headhunters, Pat Metheny, or The Crusaders.
In this article, you’ll find out 10 important reasons why you should listen to jazz fusion and the benefits it can have on you. Therefore, that being said and without any further needless ado or unwanted spoilers, let’s discover them!
- Jazz fusion, as standard jazz, is very relaxing genre of music. You can absolutely relax and be quite worry-free when you listen to it.
- Jazz fusion is magical. It is indeed quite a magical genre of music which is so much more than it seems at first sight. You’ll have to listen to it for quite a while to understand this on your own.
- Jazz fusion is complex and very interesting: given its dual musical nature, so to put it, the fact that it is at the crossroads of rock and jazz makes it very captivating to listen to it!
- Jazz fusion is fun and engaging: it is a genre of music which you can also dance to!
- It is a very special form of art: once again, primarily thanks to it dual musical nature, you have the best rock and jazz blended together in a wonderful way! Not only the musical side of it has the best of both worlds, but also its lyrical and visual sides too. By visual side, it must be mentioned that this refers to the cover artwork of both the studio and live albums.
- It is a perfect choice when you work or study as background music (just keep in mind not get too focused on it… I know, it’s very hard!). Now in all seriousness, of course, you should limit it or even exclude any genres of music for that matter when doing heavy tasks (in heavy weather, especially).
- It is nice even for a small gathering or party with your friends, with the volumes turned moderately low, as it is common sense.
- It is mood-uplifting! It can also make you happy, but, of course, your favourite music genre does that always.
- It is a very interesting genre to study and perform on your own as well!
- Last but not least, jazz fusion is life, jazz fusion is love! And this pretty much sums up all of the above reasons in one last major argument!
Therefore, bearing in mind the strong arguments in the list above, I truly hope I made you consider listening more to jazz fusion! All the best, take care, stay safe, many blessings, and great peace your way! God bless you and keep on listening to jazz fusion!